Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Speelcheck, Is it available
bob
post Mar 7 2007, 07:39 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Is the spellcheck feature going to be available? As of now it does not work. I hope so as I'm not the greatest speller in the world. It would sure speed up my posts not having to use a dictionary to check words in question. sad.gif

smile.gif Bob

ps See I told you I can't spell. I spelled the post title Speelcheck. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by bob: Mar 7 2007, 08:04 PM

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Mar 7 2007, 09:05 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

Hey Bob,

Don't feel bad, I initially read your title as Speedcheck and thought what do we need a radar detector for?

Don... laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
bob
post Mar 7 2007, 09:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Hey Don

That's funny!! tongue.gif

laugh.gif Bob

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
laughland
post Mar 7 2007, 09:57 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

When it tried to use the spellchecker I was told to select OK to download some program called ieSpell.

It looked like it wanted me to install an internet explorer plugin. Here's the page where it redirected me.

Anyway, I think this might not be a board option for Dismuke to fix. It looks like it is up to the individual to install and update their own computer if they want the option.

This post has been edited by laughland: Mar 7 2007, 09:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
bob
post Mar 8 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(laughland @ Mar 7 2007, 04:57 PM) *
When it tried to use the spellchecker I was told to select OK to download some program called ieSpell.

It looked like it wanted me to install an internet explorer plugin. Here's the page where it redirected me.

Anyway, I think this might not be a board option for Dismuke to fix. It looks like it is up to the individual to install and update their own computer if they want the option.

Thanks Laughland

Thats what you have do. Install ieSpell Works like a champ. I give it 5-Stars wink.gif cool.gif

smile.gif Bob

This post has been edited by bob: Mar 8 2007, 12:13 AM

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
Flapper Girl
post Mar 8 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

Bob,

Thanks for testing out ieSpell for us. I have just downloaded it, so am giving it a whirl. It certainly will be a handy addition when posting messages. It seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks,
Flapper

+Quote Post
MJJ
post Mar 21 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

DARN!

Downloaded "ieSpell" and found out after doing so it doesn't check Spelling in Internet Explorer 5.50 sad.gif
Tried it with 5 misspellings in a post & it got all 5 though I had to tediously go thru post hand correcting correcting things 1 by 1.

Question: why is the name of the dictionary being used (Custom) in italics? Also, the word Custom has a grayed-out square with a checkmark in it next to it

--------------------
===================
"The Payne Place": http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html

+Quote Post
dismuke
post Mar 21 2007, 05:24 AM
Post #8

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Exactly where is the link to the spellcheck feature? I have yet to see it as an option on the posting window. Is it something that only appears in IE? I, for one, by the way, refuse to use Internet virusExplorer except on those occasional websites where I absolutely have to use the thing for the page to work. And when I do use it, I close it down as quickly as possible so that I don't accidentally surf with it. Is there anyone who is NOT using IE who has seen the link?

+Quote Post
bob
post Mar 21 2007, 05:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dismuke @ Mar 20 2007, 10:24 PM) *
Exactly where is the link to the spellcheck feature? I have yet to see it as an option on the posting window. Is it something that only appears in IE? I, for one, by the way, refuse to use Internet virusExplorer except on those occasional websites where I absolutely have to use the thing for the page to work. And when I do use it, I close it down as quickly as possible so that I don't accidentally surf with it. Is there anyone who is NOT using IE who has seen the link?

Hi Dismuke

Click on the ABC with the checkmark upper right hand corner. It will lead you to where you can download ieSpellcheck.

ieSpellcheck

Bob

PS I just logged in using Mozilla and the ieSpell in not available. Guess you have to use IE.

This post has been edited by bob: Mar 21 2007, 06:34 AM

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
dwisehart
post Mar 21 2007, 11:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 92

QUOTE(dismuke @ Mar 21 2007, 12:24 AM) *

Spell check works for me with FireFox 2.0.0.2. Go to Tools->Options->Advanced->General; "Check my spelling as I type" should have a check mark in front of it.

Right now I have a red underline showing under FireFox, dismuke and spellcheck. Right clicking those words suggests "Firefox", "nudism" and "spell check." Obviously, I need to select "Add to dictionary" for "dismuke."

+Quote Post
bob
post Mar 21 2007, 06:03 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE(dwisehart @ Mar 21 2007, 04:03 AM) *
Spell check works for me with FireFox 2.0.0.2. Go to Tools->Options->Advanced->General; "Check my spelling as I type" should have a check mark in front of it.

Right now I have a red underline showing under FireFox, dismuke and spellcheck. Right clicking those words suggests "Firefox", "nudism" and "spell check." Obviously, I need to select "Add to dictionary" for "dismuke."

Thanks, I just noticed it. It works just fine. Don't use FireFox that often.

Bob

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
Flapper Girl
post Mar 21 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

I looked for the feature whereby you can correct your spelling as you type and couldn't find it. Apparently, it is only available if you use Fire Fox? I now use Internet Explorer exclusively since the new version came out, so I guess that is why I couldn't find that feature.

Flapper

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Mar 21 2007, 10:19 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

QUOTE(Flapper Girl @ Mar 21 2007, 04:43 PM) *
I looked for the feature whereby you can correct your spelling as you type and couldn't find it. Apparently, it is only available if you use Fire Fox? I now use Internet Explorer exclusively since the new version came out, so I guess that is why I couldn't find that feature.

Flapper

Hey Flapper,

I use IE and have SpellCheck. Look on the right top of the edit screen and you should see a small ABC with a check mark under it. Click on that and follow the on-screen instructions to download it.

Don...

+Quote Post
MJJ
post Mar 22 2007, 01:36 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13

I have ieSpell, and it won't correct your E-mail (I'm using Outlook Express 5.5), and
far as I can tell if the checkmark ABC is on a site, then ieSpell (or is it Spellcheck?) runs automatically
when you click on check-ABC, but if a Board doesn't have the ABC setup, then you have to run ieSpell from
Tools tab in Internet Explorer (I'm using Internet Explorer 5.0).

Also, I gather in ieSpell there's a way to use the dictionary's under the "Language and Dictionaries" tab,
but there is no "help" file I've been able to locate so far on how to use it, and the box by the words "Custom Dictionary"
has a check mark, BUT box is grayed out, and words "Custom Dictionary" are in italics.

This post has been edited by MJJ: Mar 22 2007, 01:51 AM

--------------------
===================
"The Payne Place": http://gpayne2.home.mindspring.com/index.html

+Quote Post
limden
post Mar 27 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

It's an old, old joke but worth repeating from time to time:-

Ode to the Spell Checker

Eye have a spelling chequer,
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
and weight four it two say
Weather Eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid,
It nose bee fore two long,
and Eye can put the error rite -
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no,
Its letter perfect awl the weigh.
My spell chequer tolled me sew.

I'm not a great fan of spell checkers!

Limden

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2021 - 04:47 AM