IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there another Nauck's broadcast, I was sure I heard a promo for one, but I don't see it posted
LloydEwing
post Nov 6 2009, 07:46 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 326

After not listening for a while I turned on Radio Dismuke this week and heard that there was a Nauck's broadcast last weekend and Nov 7. Or something like that. Maybe I was dreaming because I don't see it posted on the Announcements forum. Do we still get the postings for the Nauck's Vintage Records Broadcast? Is there some other way that they are announced?

I always try to listen to as much of the Nauck's broadcasts as I can. (One of these days I want to try to find a way to record them.) I think they are one of the very best things on any radio anywhere, and I had been counting on my subscription to the Announcements forum to let me know when they are scheduled. Could we go back to posting them or sending some other notification?

Thanks very much!
Lloyd
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Nov 6 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

The eighth semi-annual Nauck's Vintage Records Broadcast will air again via Radio Dismuke on Saturday, November 7.
More details here.

For those that wish to record it, try this link. Then click open to get into RealPlayer. This is a pls stream and Windows Media shouldn't work, only Winamp or RealPlayer.

The following image shows how to set it up to record. It's an easy method without having to use a third party recorder. At the broadcast rate of 24bps; only about 11mb per hour used to record in mp3 format. Just click the red button to start recording and click again to stop and save.

You may need to set the time length you wish to record. To do so, right click the scroll bar to bring up the PerfectPlay feature and to set the time length required. See image below.

Don...

+Quote Post
LloydEwing
post Nov 10 2009, 05:43 AM
Post #3

Thanks, Don. That information is very helpful!

But the main reason for my post was to ask if there is some way I can get notified by E-mail when there will be another special broadcast. I will forget to check the web page by the time we get the next Nauck's broadcast.

Lloyd

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Nov 11 2009, 04:46 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

QUOTE (LloydEwing @ Nov 10 2009, 12:43 AM) *
...if there is some way I can get notified by E-mail when there will be another special broadcast.

One would assume they would according to the info on this link. I have not subscribe to the newsletter, so I can't confirm this. Dismuke would have to do that.

Radio Dismuke Newsletter

Don...

This post has been edited by Roseman: Nov 11 2009, 05:54 PM

+Quote Post
dismuke
post Nov 21 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Lloyd:

I am very sorry that I did not post any announcement to this forum of any of the special broadcasts. Not intentional - it was just an oversight. I was EXTREMELY pressed for time in terms of recording the audio announcements for the stream and sending out the initial announcement to the mailing list as the first chance I had to do either was the morning of the day I headed to Waco to record the Record Collectors and ragtime broadcasts. As soon as the audio announcement was finished and the announcements posted to the website and mailing list, I had to then tear down and box up all my studio equipment for the trip to Waco. By this time, I was already running about two hours later than I had hoped to.

The single biggest difficulty facing the station is that everything pretty much has to be done by me in my free time - and finding that time can sometimes be a challenge. The one exception actually is the Nauck's broadcasts in that Kurt now has the equipment to produce the broadcasts himself without my needing to take vacation days from work for a trip to Houston. In the case of posting the announcement here - that, in and of itself, isn't all that time consuming. I usually just copy and past with slight modification the announcement I send out to my mailing list. Here, it was just a case of being in such a rush to get the initial audio and mailing list announcements out so that I could be in Waco in time to set my equipment up for the broadcasts that it was just one additional detail that ended up slipping my mind - and the oversight never occurred to me afterwards.

Roseman is also correct in that the very BEST way to receive announcements about programing is via my email update mailing list which you can sign up for at: http://www.radiodismuke.com/emailupdates.html I usually DO post the announcements here and certainly intend to in the future. But the mailing list is the very FIRST place I post the announcements and, if I have the time to do so, I also try to send out a follow up reminder announcements a couple of days prior to the broadcast.

+Quote Post
LloydEwing
post Nov 22 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #6

Dismuke,
Thanks for the explanation. I understand all too well how things like that happen. You must be an incredibly busy person.

I followed Don's advice and signed up for your E-mail newsletter, so I did hear the special program on November 14-15. (I am sure I had signed up for it before. I don't know what happened to that subscription. I had assumed that you had stopped using that mailing list.)

Thanks very much!

Lloyd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 04:48 PM