Reply to this topicStart new topic
> April Special Broadcast Dates Set
dismuke
post Apr 1 2006, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am very pleased to announce a very unique broadcast on Radio Dismuke. Joining me on the broadcast will be special guest Kurt Nauck of Nauck's Vintage Records, the world's largest and most prestigious vintage record auction house.

Kurt has generously agreed to make all of the over 10,000 vintage records in his current auction available for the broadcast. Some of the records are extremely rare and the vast majority have never been reissued in modern formats. The records include everything from late 19th century wax cylinders to records from the very end of the 78 rpm era and feature recordings from virtually every major musical genre recorded between the 1890s and the 1950s - jazz, pop, classical, operatic, blues, country, ethnic, spoken word, foreign records, you name it. The auction even includes the world's only known complete set of very rare early 1930s RCA picture records. The specific records we will play were selected by Radio Dismuke listeners and Nuack's customers who browsed through Nauck's current auction catalog over the past few weeks and emailed in their requests.

We will also be playing vintage cylinder records on Kurt's Archeophone, a modern machine used by major sound archives and audio preservationists, which is capable of electrically reproducing all varieties of early cylinder records. Because of the Archeophone's $16,250 price tag, it is a piece of equipment that is out of the reach of the vast majority of vintage music collectors. You will, however, get an opportunity to hear one in action during the broadcast.

Because we are expecting a large listenership, in addition to Radio Dismuke's usual stream on the Live 365 network, I have made arrangements for a second Radio Dismuke stream to be carried by another network, LoudCity. That stream is now up and running and can be accessed on the Radio Dismuke website.

I will be pre-recording the broadcast at Nauck's impressive Houston, Texas facilities this week and it will be broadcast at the following times:

Saturday April 8, 2006
(Live 365 and LoudCity streams)

United States Listeners
1:00 PM - Eastern Time
Noon - Central Time
11:00 AM - Mountain Time
10:00 AM - Pacific Time

International Listeners
5:00 PM - GMT

Sunday April 9, 2006

United States Listeners
8:00 PM - Eastern Time
7:00 PM - Central Time
6:00 PM - Mountain Time
5:00 PM - Pacific Time

International Listeners
12:00 AM Monday - GMT

Friday April 14, 2006
(Note: LoudCity Stream only)

United States Listeners
9:00 PM - Eastern Time
8:00 PM - Central Time
7:00 PM - Mountain Time
6:00 PM - Pacific Time

International Listeners
1:00 AM Saturday - GMT

Saturday April 15
United States Listeners

Noon - Eastern Time
11:00 AM - Central Time
10:00 AM - Mountain Time
9:00 AM- Pacific Time

International Listeners
4:00 PM - GMT

Please note: These times are for the same show - it is simply being repeated so that people in various time zones across the world will have an opportunity to tune in.

You may tune access both the Live 365 and LoudCity streams on the Radio Dismuke website. The Radio Dismuke chat room will also be open on the days of the broadcasts so that you can interact in real time with others who are listening to the broadcast. There will also be a link to a technical issues blog where any known technical issues which might impact the broadcast will be posted as quickly as possible.

This broadcast will be historic not only because of the extremely rare vintage material which will be presented on it but also because, to my knowledge, this is the first time a radio program of this nature has ever been attempted. For that reason, I am very excited about it and hope everyone will be able to tune in.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th October 2021 - 07:13 PM