IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Why doesn't Radio Dismuke work anymore?, I can no longer get any music.
marcapra
post Sep 24 2004, 04:22 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95

Things must have changed recently at Radio Dismuke. At first I didn't get any sound, so I downloaded the new player they were pushing. I got sound the first time, but the next day and on nothing works! blink.gif mad.gif rolleyes.gif Does anyone know why? Marc Capralis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dismuke
post Sep 24 2004, 06:46 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

It works for me when I pull it up and the listenership stats have been near their all time highs over the past several days. What that means is that there has to be some sort of issue with your computer - a setting or something that is causing the problem.

If you listen to the free (i.e. advertising supported) broadcast, my suggestion would be to first check and see if you have any sort of pop up blocker running. If so, disable it and see if that fixes the problem. If so, then you will need to disable it anytime you listen to the broadcast or see if you can find a pop up blocker that is compatible with it (or subscribe to Live 365's VIP membership which eliminates the pop up ads as well as the audio ones)

If you are a VIP member AND you are using the stand alone player - well, I am not sure that I can be of too much help as I have yet to try the new player myself. My first suggestion would be to see if you have any sort of firewall software running on your computer. If so, disable it just long enough to see if you can get the station to play. If so, then that is your problem - i.e. the firewall is denying the player access to the Internet. Most firewall programs have settings that you can adjust to allow specific programs (in this case, the player) to access the Internet.

One other thing to check also is whether your sound card and audio devices are working. Try playing one of the Real Audio files on my www.dismuke.org website. If they do not play, then that might mean that you have an audio setting off. To fix that (in Windows - sorry, I do not have much experience with other operating systems) go to your Control Panel and click on the Sounds and Audio Devises icon. Once the box appears, click on the "Audio" tab and, under Default Device click on Advanced. A Master Volume control will appear. Make sure that you don't have anything muted.

If none of these suggestions help, put up a reply and let me know. If possible, write down the specifics of any error messages you get. If I or someone else on the board is able to help, the next place to turn would be Live 365's technical support.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 07:56 PM