Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live Radio Dismuke Broadcast - July 2
dismuke
post Jul 1 2005, 02:19 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Last Saturday evening marked an historic first for Radio Dismuke - I broke into the stream unannounced and conducted my first live broadcast spinning 78 rpms directly from my turntable. The purpose of the broadcast was to test out some new equipment I purchased.

This upcoming Saturday, I am planning to conduct another live broadcast which, at this point, I plan to start at 7:00 PM Central Time in the USA (For foreign listeners, that is 12:00 AM Sunday GMT). I will also have a guest co-host in the studio with me. I still consider my live Radio Dismuke broadcasts to be in the experimental phase and this time I will be adding in additional audio equipment besides my turntable.

For the broadcast, we will be spinning 78 rpm records from both my collection and my co-host's. I will also be featuring some recordings by contemporary bands which play vintage music in an authentic style as well as playing some vintage recordings from other countries such as Germany and Cuba. Because it will be the 4th of July weekend, there will be vintage recordings of patriotic music as well. So while your host will still be trying to get the hang of things with his new equipment, there will be a lot of great music to ensure that the broadcast will be very entertaining.

Keep in mind that unanticipated technical problems are always a possibility in situations such as this - especially when one is as new at live broadcasting as I am. Should any such issues arise that will make it necessary to delay or cancel the broadcast, I will post an update here on the Message Board.

BTW - I will be occasionally making tests in the weeks ahead and switching the broadcast back and forth between "hosted" mode on the Live 365 servers and "live" mode where the files are served from my home computer. Unfortunately, any time I switch the broadcast back and forth between "hosted" and "live" modes, all current listeners are automatically disconnected. Should you experience such a sudden disconnect in the middle of a broadcast in the days and weeks ahead, simply try connecting again in a few minutes. I will do my best to keep such down time to a minimum.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2021 - 12:38 AM