IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Searching Message Board for Specific Songs, Why? My computer crashed; starting over!
Gart
post Dec 9 2010, 02:18 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 254

I hope this might be place to find out more about searching Dismuke's messages. My computer crashed and I have to start over with a number of songs I didn't save. Many of these were included in messages when people requested specific songs or lyrics. For example, in February 2007, Laughland kindly posted several songs by the Savoy Orpheans. Among others, he posted Five Foot Two, Whisper Song.

My question and challenge, if you choose to accept it, is: How do I search for these and others? Must I be in the correct 'category' for a search. Will one search, like a song title, check all categories?

Thanks for your help. And BACK UP!!!

Best and Happy Holidays to all, Gart in Oakland
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Dec 9 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Google does a great search job... just type in, for example, " "savoy orpheans" dismuke.org" in the Google search window, hit enter and it should bring up that location.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gart
post Dec 9 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 254

Gregory,

Thanks. That's one good idea. But I guess I didn't make my search quest clear. How to do you search this message board. Do you have to try to guess in which 'category' it might have been originally posted? Or will the search effort consider every message ever posted to find results?

Thanks again, Gart

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Dec 9 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Gart @ Dec 8 2010, 10:35 PM) *
Gregory,

Thanks. That's one good idea. But I guess I didn't make my search quest clear. How to do you search this message board. Do you have to try to guess in which 'category' it might have been originally posted? Or will the search effort consider every message ever posted to find results?

Thanks again, Gart

That's the beauty of using google... I find this search function on this board kind of weird. Google seems easier to me.

Anyway, if I were using the search function on the message board, I'd used the "more options" option:

More Options Search

Are you trying to replace your whole digital music collection? If so, what do you need? I'll be more than happy to send you files.

Be sure to visit all the "usual places" like:

http://www.jazz-on-line.com
http://dismuke.org/how/

This post has been edited by gregoryagogo: Dec 9 2010, 03:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th August 2019 - 12:11 AM