Reply to this topicStart new topic
> O Sister! - inspired by the Boswell Sisters, You-dle-ee-oo-de-oo
laughland
post May 29 2013, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 271

For fans of the Boswell Sisters, here's an interesting story about the creation of a recording by a band modeled after the Boswells. Of course in this case the band shows a bit of a Spanish accent at times and one of the three sisters is a man... but they clearly love imitating the originals and I like the results.

The group is from Spain and is called "O Sister! " and they were given an unfinished song written by the Boswells and were asked to clean it up and record it.

For a full "making of" documentary plus the recording of the song You-dle-ee-oo-de-oo - try this link.

And in case you want more - here's a link to some clips by the band.

This post has been edited by laughland: May 29 2013, 01:20 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roseman
post May 30 2013, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

Good find there laughland. I really like the modern sound on these old songs. These recordings were made the old fashion way, musicians and singers playing together in the same room. Gives one a sense of what it might have been to be at a live Bozzie concert in the old days.

For another dozen selections try this link. Not sure it readily showed up with the first one.

Shout, Sister!

Don...

+Quote Post
laughland
post May 30 2013, 03:42 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (Roseman @ May 29 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Good find there laughland. I really like the modern sound on these old songs. These recordings were made the old fashion way, musicians and singers playing together in the same room. Gives one a sense of what it might have been to be at a live Bozzie concert in the old days.

Don...

You are right on the money there Don!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 08:34 AM