Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Martin's 78 Turntable is Back
Terry
post Oct 6 2016, 06:25 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Maybe I'm a lone voice in the wilderness here, but after 12 years Martin's 78 Turntable is back: http://www.martins78turntable.com/ biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Roseman
post Feb 28 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

There are a vast array of tools available for downloading video or mp3 from YouTube.
I count in my arsenal at least a half dozen - so called Add-ons, Apps, Extensions, Programs -
that I depend on regularly.

Why so many you may ask? Mainly because of my having four computers running three
different operating systems and the variables they present. Believe me, I didn't plan it this way.
But as I became aware of the dangers lurking on the internet, (spyware, ransomware,...)
I separated my entertainment (music, vedios, games, etc.) from my personal/business computing..
Two computers for business and two for play. Pairing this way provides backup capability
and additional security. No downloading allowed on the personal/business computers.

Downloader Programs
As for the YT download programs I recommend, I'll offer a couple. The first is YTD Downloader .
I've used the basic free model for several years and it's great for single or batch downloads.
It also offers converting capabilities. I use it specifically for batch work (playlists).

If you want just a plain and straight forward one; then this might suit your fancy.
Simple YouTube Converter. Plenty of options; but simple.
Want just mp3 files?, then this one works. Found this one as an Add-on via Firefox.

Another option is to look at the Add-ons and Extensions your browser may offer.
You can usually find them in the tools or menu section.

Utility Programs
To convert downloaded YouTube video files (mp4) to audio (mp3) files I use
Switch Sound File Converter from NCH. Runs single or multiple files.

Realplayer has a trim feature that is useful for trimming out snipets from large files.
I find this useful when I only want that one song from a long video/musical episode.
A feature hard to find in free software. Trim, save, and discard.

Don...

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2021 - 02:17 PM