IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> No Trouble But You, Looking for it on CD - ?
MissOriole
post Jan 15 2006, 01:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 275

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted on Dismuke's Message Board, but it's sure good to be back with other 1920s/1930s fans!

A while back, Dismuke had listed an MP3 of Ben Bernie and His Orchestra's 1926 recording of "No Trouble But You." I had heard this song years earlier on an acquaintance's LP record of early Bernie Recordings.

This is a really cool song, and I would love to get it on CD, but the friend's record and Dismuke's MP3 file are the only places I have ever heard this song!

Does anyone know if there are any CDs out there with this classic Bernie recording on them, or if anyone else ever recorded this tune?

Another "really-obscure" tune I'm searching for is "I'm Afraid of You," a very sweet song from 1929 that is posted in the website "Flapper Station." Is anyone familiar with this song? I couldn't even find it in an Internet search!

MissOriole rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bob
post Jan 15 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(MissOriole @ Jan 14 2006, 07:02 PM)
?

Another "really-obscure" tune I'm searching for is "I'm Afraid of You," a very sweet song from 1929 that is posted in the website "Flapper Station." Is anyone familiar with this song? I couldn't even find it in an Internet search!

Hi Miss Oriole

You can listen to "I'm Afraid Of You" at this link. http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/whiteman/afraid3.ram

Ben Bernie's " No Trouble But You" I have a mp3 of. Also " I'm Afraid Of You" by Paul Whiteman. If you want copys . let me know where to send them.

smile.gif Bob

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
Fredrik
post Jan 15 2006, 05:51 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

Someone really ought to issue one or several CDs devoted to Ben Bernie and his wonderful orchrstra! So far there only seems to be the odd track by him on various anthologies.

I almost always make bids on original Bernie 78 rpms when I find them in auction lists, but it seems that I'm far from alone in doing so, so I usually only win a few if any of them.

Fredrik

+Quote Post
MathGeek
post Jan 16 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 376

QUOTE(bob @ Jan 14 2006, 08:37 PM)
?

Hi Miss Oriole

You can listen to "I'm Afraid Of You" at this link. http://www.redhotjazz.com/songs/whiteman/afraid3.ram

Ben Bernie's " No Trouble But You" I have a mp3 of. Also " I'm Afraid Of You" by Paul Whiteman. If you want copys . let me know where to send them.

smile.gif Bob

I think there's also a Marion Harris movie short where she does
"I'm Afraid of You". Maybe it's on ?Garrick's web site. I don't remember but Marion's version is funny because whenever she
says "I'm Afraid of You" she has this frightened look on her face
that kind of looks like sad.gif .

+Quote Post
MathGeek
post Jan 16 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 376

PS: Here's Marion's version of "I'm Afraid of You". Enjoy!

http://www.dgarrick.com/jazzage/marionharr...arionHarris.wmv

+Quote Post
MissOriole
post Jan 16 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 275

Thanks, guys! Sometimes, it seems as if some of the coolest songs are some of the most obscure (does this sound somewhat familiar?)!

+Quote Post
Flapper Girl
post Jan 17 2006, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

There is another version of "I'm Afraid of You" by Whispering Jack Smith. It is on Dismuke's playlist and was the only version I had ever heard up to now.

Flapper Girl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2020 - 06:56 AM