Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Searching...can you help?, I'll be seeing you
jamesc
post Apr 3 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 265

I am looking for what I think is the original recording of "I'll be seeing you" written by Irving Kahal and Sammy Fain In the late 30's.
I have found dozens of versions but no cigar yet! The rendition I seek was featured in a Charlie Brown cartoon movie entitled "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" As well as the final episode of the Beavis and Butthead cartoon series. I guess my next move is to hunt these down in hopes that the credits will provide a clue. In the meantime if anyone has an idea, please write. The version I am looking for is a very sincere tear jerker, no jazz, tenor male vocal reminiscent of Rudy Vallee, who by the way was my first guess.
Special thanks to Ian for a quick write back!
Thanks to all in advance blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JJWI
post Apr 3 2005, 09:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 245

That song was originally written for the show Right This Way, and was introduced by an actress named Tamara. A quick and unpleasant scan of the Beavis & Butthead fan boards reveals one mention of it, and asserts that the recording featured on the show was Liberace's. Sammy Fain did record it himself, and I wonder if that's not the one you are seeking as Fain does have an decent tenor voice. You can listen to a snippet of it at Amazon to see if it's the one.

+Quote Post
jamesc
post Apr 4 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 265

You da man JJWI!
I think this is it! Although the available recording was done live many years later, I think this is the guy! I found a video store with a copy of "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown"
I'll be renting it tomorrow and will let you know. laugh.gif
Jim
azabaza1@aol.com

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Apr 5 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Frank Sinatra With Tommy Dorsey had a version in the late '30's too...

Gregory wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 10:37 AM