Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Media Player & You Tube
limden
post Dec 23 2009, 04:37 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

Derek,I think I'll have to hand you over to Don at this point since YouTube MP3 Ripper is his current favourite. I've installed it and used it just once as an experiment. It worked for me with no problem, Dr Jazz stomp taking 9mins 27secs, but I'm obviously not an expert with it yet though I'll try it again when time permits.

Sorry you are having so much trouble. I'll watch developments with interest and may yet return!

Limden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 24 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Derek, I've misunderstood the point you are at. Please disregard my previous post - I'll return when I have a moment!

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 24 2009, 12:11 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Derek, sorry but I'd assumed it was Don's “Ripper” that was giving you trouble. Now I realise it's the moving of your MP3s into Windows Media Player.

If you right-click on the selected MP3s in your folder don't you see the option to “Add to Windows Media Player list”? I don't see anything about sending to the Media Player Library and in any case you don't need the library.

Alternatively you can drag and drop MP3s into the WMP list:-

“Restore Down” (the mini-icon to left of red x at top right-hand corner of screen) your temporary folder and switch WMP to compact mode (little arrow at lower right-hand corner of WMP).

With chosen MP3s high-lighted, click on one of them and, while holding clicker down, drag them into WMP. Release clicker and you should find them in “Now Playing” when you maximise WMP again.

Once in WMP “Now Playing” follow instructions I gave a few posts back in order to burn Audio CD. Check that the selection of Audio CD hasn't slipped back to Data CD while you weren't looking!

The Ripper ought to open with a brisk double-click on the short-cut icon.

I've noticed a difference between the Ripper and the Free YouTube to MP3 Converter. The Ripper delivers only MP3s which play at 64 kbps while the Converter (in the Presets drop-down box) permits a choice of different qualities – for example 256 kbps . Theoretically it would seem best to burn audio CDs starting with the highest quality MP3s though I doubt whether in practice there will be any noticeable difference with the kind of material favoured by Dismukers.

If you should decide to try the Converter again be sure to update to the latest version – there seems to be a new one every few days!

Hope all this helps. Keep in touch.

Limden

+Quote Post
limden
post Jan 31 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Come on Derek, it's been over a month with no word, tell us you've cracked this Audio CD from YT problem!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 06:11 AM