Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 
> Copyright & Legal, Questions regarding ownership
abrennic
post Jun 16 2003, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25

I'm not sure if you collectors will have the information I am looking for, but sometimes people who gather information know more than they realize! I am opening an ice cream shop and I happen to love this music. (Generally: 1900-1930's. Don't even know enough to describe more specifically, due to the where-in-the-heck-can-you-hear-this-music?-ocity of the recordings of these decades.) I think that it is very calming and it definitely makes me happier than when I'm not listening to it. I think it would create a nice atmosphere in my shop. Plus, I agree with Dismuke that more people should be exposed to these recordings (me included! I feel very very gypped that this music has been hidden from me all my 30 years!)
Can't find a juke box company who has even heard of some of the guys I wrote down from live365; Ambrose & His Orchestra, Blanche Calloway, Ray Noble Orchestra, Valaida Snow. I guess I'm wondering if any of you may have information on if recordings this old are still copyrighted. And if I were to find a bunch of these records and made a tape of them, can I play this stuff in my shop? Legally can I play Radio Dismuke in my shop? What do you guys think? Any advice?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- abrennic   Copyright & Legal   Jun 16 2003, 06:11 PM
- - dismuke   QUOTE(abrennic @ Jun 16 2003, 12:11 PM)And if...   Jun 16 2003, 07:06 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2021 - 06:31 AM