Roseman
post May 24 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

Hello Jezebel,

A great big happy 76th birthday.

I don't see any post from you, but I hope you still visit the site and just in case you do, here's your Birthday Song, sung by a new upstart in 1931, by the name of Bing Crosby, Out Of Nowhere.
This song was No. 1 on the Billboard Chart for May 24, 1931. He got lucky, he had Ruth Etting competing the same year with the same song. Anyway, here's hoping for a great day and I hope you have many more.

Being you where born during this era of great music, you deserved a few more selections. I don't know your favorite singers or bands, but I picked a few songs that got recorded in 1931, boy, what a banner year for top notch songs. These are dedicated for your listening enjoyment.

Don..

Rudy Vallee And His Ct.yankees Would You Like To Take A Walk? (1931)

Ben Selvin Who's Your Little Whozis (1931)

Annette Hanshaw Walkin' My Baby Back Home (1931)

Waldorfians My Canary Has Circles Under His Eyes (1931)

This post has been edited by Roseman: May 24 2007, 10:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian House
post May 24 2007, 11:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 85

Hmmmm ...?

Hey Don, I wonder if we should start dividing up this birthday cake maybe ...? I don't think Jezebel is anywhere to be seen. She joined us on November 30th of 2005 and has never posted any messages. She hasn't logged in since December 3rd, 2005 (only 4 days after she joined us)...

Perhaps, Flapper and I scared her off with our early George Formby threads. Gosh, I hope that wasn't the case...

Anyway, everyone gather around and get a sliver of this cake ... Click on Don's song files. Let's get this party started! (Jezebel may or may not join us later :-)

This post has been edited by Ian House: May 25 2007, 12:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Roseman
post May 24 2007, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

Oh.... I can't eat another bite. The wife fixed a fresh mixed berry cobbler (Blueberries, Blackberries,Raspberies) and topped with vanilla ice creame. I'll have to pass on the cake.

As for Jezebel, I hope she's still around. She would probably have some good recollections of 'how it use to be'. But not knowing if she is around, I thought it would still be good to pay tribute to one of our senoir members.

Don..

p.s. Being born in 1938, I guess some people might think of me as a senior. But, if one has good health and keeps their mind active, then you're only as old as you act. And another thing, being old is someone that's at least 10 years older than you are. laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Roseman: May 24 2007, 11:53 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd December 2021 - 01:25 PM