Forum Rules 
> Archived Hit of the Weeks Temporarly Down
dismuke
post Apr 2 2007, 04:39 AM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I am having a billing issue with the company that provides the server that the music and image files for the Hit of the Week updates are stored on. My account is a yearly pre-pay which automatically renews every March. In early March I checked and the account it looked like it renewed just fine. Unfortunately, since the last time I renewed, my credit card on file expired - which , of course, caused the auto renewal to bounce. For whatever reason, the company never informed me of this and shut off access to my account without any advance notice on April 1 - a Sunday when the company's billing offices are closed. I have updated my credit card information in my account - but it looks like I am going to have to phone them during business hours to get everything reactivated. I hope to have this situation corrected by sometime during the day on Monday April 2.

In the meanwhile, I have moved all of the image and audio files for the current update and for the archived March 2007 updates to a different server so that people can at least access those in the meanwhile. However, this means that, until the account gets turned back on, the image and audio files on archived updates prior to March 2007 will not be working. It is possible that the server will come back online before I will have a chance to remove this message, so if you are reading this sometime late in the day on April 2, you might want to go ahead and check and see. The easiest way to tell is to see if the pictures are showing on those pages. If not, the server is still down. If you are rechecking a page that was not working earlier you might want to refresh the page in your browser so that you will know you are not just looking at a cached copy.

The server that is impacted is the one that the Message Board used to be housed on before it was hit by the hacker - so at least one happy consequence of the hack is that the Message Board is not impacted by this outage.

I apologize for this inconvenience. Hopefully everything will be back working again soon.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2021 - 02:58 PM