Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Facebook group
NormanL
post Oct 5 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4386

Hello all,

I'm new here, and just discovered this slowly music over the last year, fist through a hobby of listening to Old Time Radio broadcasts, and then through setting up a Pandora radio station as a gift for my father. I think I listen to his station more than he does!

I'm most familiar with the music of the late 30's-mid-50's, so I have a lot to learn here and will bed lurking and reading mostly.

I do want to plug something that me and a friend put together through happenstance. By chance we started trading Youtube video clips with each other and found that we had a similar interest in this music. We ended up sharing so many videos that we put together a Facebook group to hose them all, and have continued on from there till we have over 400 videos posted. We cover a slightly broader range, from the parlor music of the early 1900's through to the adult pop of the 50's, but the 20's and early 30's music figures prominently. It has been mainly a conversation between two people to date, but it would be neat if somebody else would stop by and have a peek at what we've done. So consider yourselves invited! The address is http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/gro...162466697100979
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dismuke
post Oct 6 2010, 08:17 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Welcome to the board, Norman.

+Quote Post
NormanL
post Oct 7 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 4386

QUOTE (dismuke @ Oct 6 2010, 04:17 AM) *
Welcome to the board, Norman.

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for helping to introduce me and so many others to this music.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2020 - 04:57 PM