> how to edit a 78
coonsanders
post Mar 22 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36

hi
ok question.....nero had a noise reduction option that further reduces noise from a 78.do most people
play the entire record and adjust it as its played or edit a the beginning and then save it?thanks

lenny
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heer_bommel
post Mar 23 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 268

QUOTE (coonsanders @ Mar 22 2009, 09:09 AM) *
hi
ok question.....nero had a noise reduction option that further reduces noise from a 78.do most people
play the entire record and adjust it as its played or edit a the beginning and then save it?thanks

lenny

Hi Lenny,

The best thing to do, I think, is to make the adjustments while the file plays, and when you think it sounds allright, remember the settings, and then save it. But to be honest I think Nero's noise reduction plug-in doesn't do a very good job. I'm a big fan of ClickRepair and NoNoise, available at this website. Both programs are 40 dollars each, but the neat thing is if you pay them with PayPal it's not 40 USD but 40 Australian Dollars, which equals about 28 USD!

+Quote Post
coonsanders
post Mar 23 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

hi beer

there are so many of these softwares its mind boggeling..i tried playing while editing but it couldent be done at least for the whole song.i tried testing this and your way...what works for me is playing
a few minates of the tune to get the best results.then when im happy with this i do the whole song.
the problem i was having was this isham jones early beunswick(and you know how bad they can
be)nothing was helping it.do you know of any web sites where guys like us can go and compare
how we do this kind of stuff other than here?i havent found any place yet...did u?thanks

lenny

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Mar 23 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Just remember, "Less is More" when using noise reduction! There are so many factors in this transferring situation. What I have been doing is hearing someone who's end result is very nice, like Dismuke for instance, and asking them what exactly their process is. Every one has a different process. It's also about learning about what you have and just toying with it. Always save as a copy, so you can go back to the "original" transfer and start over if you screw it up too badly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
coonsanders
post Mar 23 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

hi greg

thanks 4 your input...something to think about.

lenny

ps the last early jones cd i had made came out terriable but i zapped the original 78s so i had to scrap everything and start again from scratch.when u do the actual editing and later on the finished cd you find that you did a crappy job.

lenny

This post has been edited by coonsanders: Mar 23 2009, 07:15 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2021 - 04:28 AM