Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Big Broadcast Audio Archives
Terry
post Sep 8 2011, 09:39 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

I see that the format of the audio archives at WFUV has recently changed......for the worse....IMHO mad.gif
They are now in Flash format and can only (it seems) be played with their own Flash Player.

When playing an archive file I don't get a volume control with the player, and I have found the volume to be somewhat low, which is a bit of a pain as it is too low to get a good FM signal out of my FM sender.

If a live stream is played with their Flash Player, then funnily enough there is a volume control available.

When the files were in Windows Media Player format, asf/asx, they could be played either with Windows Media Player, or, the player of choice such as Winamp. There were significant advantages (cough cough) in using a player like Winamp which have now been lost.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Sep 8 2011, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

Terry, See my PM....

QUOTE (Terry @ Sep 8 2011, 05:39 AM) *
I see that the format of the audio archives at WFUV has recently changed......for the worse....IMHO mad.gif
They are now in Flash format and can only (it seems) be played with their own Flash Player.

....There were significant advantages (cough cough) in using a player like Winamp which have now been lost.

Don't fret Terry, it's really not as bad as it seems. I have a solution and will post it when I get more time to outline the procedure.

Don...

This post has been edited by Roseman: Sep 8 2011, 10:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2020 - 05:07 AM