Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Popeye - Movie Soundtrack 1980
bob
post Mar 10 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5

Any Popeye fans around? I've seen the movie Popeye (1980) a number of times. I think the music in it is just wonderful. I tried to buy the soundtrack, but it has been out print for a long time. Well I found a link where you can download it. If interested go to this link. Very Pretty Music It will give you a download link. Don't forget to copy the password as you will need it to unzip the downloaded .zipfile. The music is from the original LP in Mp3 format . The file is in one piece so you will have to chop in into seperate tracts and name the song titles.

Enjoy smile.gif Bob

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Mar 10 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

I didn't like the move as much as the original cartoons. I grew up with KTLA on Sunday afternoons playing the popeye cartoons. It was a ritual watching these cartoons as we ate lunch after Sunday School!

Here's a buch of Popeye cartoons (scroll down some when the page opens up).

http://tesla.liketelevision.com/liketelevi...amp;theme=guide

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian House
post Mar 10 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 85

If there's an actor/personality that REALLY gets on my nerves, it's always been Robin Williams (as early as Mork). I generally can't stand any of his movies or TV appearances with one exception: POPEYE!! ... I thought his performance in that was PERFECT, an inspired casting decision. In fact, the entire cast was just perfect IMO ... I remember one of the things that bugged me was the fact that it wasn't set in a big city environment (as were many of the Fleischer cartoons) ... but I think it's an underrated film overall. I haven't seen it in ages = does it still hold up?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2022 - 02:58 PM