Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Valaida cut short, on Jazz-on-Line
limden
post May 18 2009, 07:25 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

Between 10 May and 17 May seven recordings featuring Valaida Snow were added to JOL. No matter how I go about playing them every one is cut short somewhere between 2' to 2'30".

Anyone else find the same?

Limden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Terry
post May 18 2009, 08:19 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

I can find only one, "The Mood That I'm In", that plays right through.

Are the sides you are talking about listed under a band rather than her name ?

Ooops.... found them under "latest aquisitions", same here only about 2 minutes long, seems to be deliberate for some reason.

This post has been edited by Terry: May 18 2009, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
limden
post May 19 2009, 06:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Another one added today 19 May - The Mood that I'm In - and it's again cut short at 2'17". As Terry found, this number was already in JOL and it plays for the full 2'56".

There's a nice collection of Valaida tracks building up here. Such a shame they aren't complete.

I know some Dismukers are in touch with Michel, perhaps someone could have a word....?

Limden

+Quote Post
limden
post May 31 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

At least another four Valaida tracks have been added to JOL since my previous post - three on May 25 and one on May 31. Once again they are all missing about a minute. Can someone alert Michel please? I know that it's useless to try his "contact" link but I recall that some Dismukers are able to communicate with him.

Limden

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Jun 1 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Every time I've alerted Michael at Jazz-On-Line about a mistake on one of his files, I used this email address: operating@jazz-on-line.com , and had no trouble getting the information to him.

greg

This post has been edited by gregoryagogo: Jun 1 2009, 01:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
limden
post Jun 1 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (gregoryagogo @ May 31 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Every time I've alerted Michael at Jazz-On-Line about a mistake on one of his files, I used this email address: operating@jazz-on-line.com , and had no trouble getting the information to him.

greg

Thanks greg, I'll try.

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Jun 2 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (limden @ Jun 1 2009, 12:28 PM) *
Thanks greg, I'll try.

He's very grateful for folks who notice stuff on his site that needs fixing and tell him!

g

--------------------

+Quote Post
limden
post Jun 16 2009, 06:41 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

The following message appears in the JOL latest acquisitions for June 14:-

as some titles from Valaida, "Nagasaki" is truncated before the end - however I prefered to release it as is - I'm now searching complete tunes - Michel

Progress! tongue.gif

Limden

+Quote Post
limden
post Jun 20 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Michel has now fixed all the JOL Valaida files so that they play correctly to the end. A result!

Limden

+Quote Post
Mark Atnip
post Sep 29 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 1168

Is this article/link still valid? I was unable to locate it. I am a fan of Valaida Snow and would love to hear the audio as well as reading any information they had. Thanks for your time.

+Quote Post
limden
post Sep 29 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Yes, Valaida is still on Jazz on Line with about 40 recordings - there seems to be a degree of duplication. Just click on "Choose and download MP3" and put Valaida into the search box. Let us know if you find any remaining that are cut short. She is well represented on Spotify too if you are in a country where it is available.

Limden

+Quote Post
Mark Atnip
post Sep 29 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 1168

I have been listening to 78's since I was a kid, I have recorded hundreds of them so I can put them on my Ipod, and yet somehow the jazz-on-line site completely eluded me. I guess you learn something new every day : ) I greatly appreciate the information on the links. It looks like today will be a great day of listening while at work!

Is there an online "home" for all of the 78's that have been digitally transferred? I know of a few with a lot of material, however I was wondering where the "first place to look" was. If there is such a thing I would like to contribute some of my transfers. I tend to enjoy transferring oddball,acoustic and vaudevillian type recordings, but I am sure there are some people out there that enjoy such things.

Mark

+Quote Post
limden
post Sep 29 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mark Atnip @ Sep 29 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Is there an online "home" for all of the 78's that have been digitally transferred? I know of a few with a lot of material, however I was wondering where the "first place to look" was. If there is such a thing I would like to contribute some of my transfers. I tend to enjoy transferring oddball,acoustic and vaudevillian type recordings, but I am sure there are some people out there that enjoy such things.

Mark, I believe you are raising a matter of more general interest than merely "Valaida" so I'm taking the liberty of starting a new thread on your behalf in the Recommendations section. I trust that you will be still employed after listening to internet music all day while at work rolleyes.gif

Limden

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th August 2019 - 06:39 AM