dismuke
post Jul 16 2004, 02:38 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(vicger @ Jul 14 2004, 08:53 PM)
what is the easiest way to change .mpx  to .mp3.  gerson

If you have Windows, open up Windows Explorer and go to the folder the file is stored. Right click on the file and select the option "rename." When you name it, simply change the .mpx to .mp3

For those who are wondering "what on earth are .mpx files???" last week when I did not have time to put up a Hit of the Week update, I referred people to an interesting vintage music site out of Germany at: http://musik.freepage.de/schellack/ The site's vintage music recordiings are in mp3 format. The site is hosted by one of those free hosting providers and it apparently has concerns with mp3 files and regularly deletes them from web accounts. In order to get around this, the owner of the site changed the file extention name on all of his music files to .mpx so that they would not be marked for deletion by the hosting service. The only downside to that is visitors to the site must first download the file and change the file extention back to .mp3 before they can listen to the music.

For those who are only now getting around to checking out the site and have not yet downloaded any of the selections, the easiest way to make the change is during the Save As dialogue right before you download which gives you the option of renaming the file.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vicger
post Jul 17 2004, 07:46 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 62

hello.thank you for the info.i am a faithful viewer. gerson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 07:58 PM