Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Media Player & You Tube
derekpara
post Dec 15 2009, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 441

I'm having trouble downloading videos/music from You Tube using Real Player. How can I make Windows Media Player my default programme to do the same thing ? I want to burn CDs from the library.

Thanks.
Derek
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 15 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

I'm not crystal-clear what you're trying to do now Derek nor how your present problem differs from the "YouTube label" thread back in November. Do you want to make audio CDs or do you want to put MP3s on to CDs? And which library - RealPlayer or Windows Media Player?

Actually I think you don't necessarily have to use either RP or WMP to get music from YouTube to CD. "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" has already moved on a few versions since November. Today it isn't possible to download the converter alone, you will find it is necessary to download the entire suite of DVD VideoSoft programmes and in there you will find tools to do just about everything imaginable with audio files including a lot of things you will never use.

I'll return to this tomorrow - unless Don has solved everything by then of course tongue.gif

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 15 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 15 2009, 04:39 PM) *
I'm not crystal-clear what you're trying to do now Derek nor how your present problem differs from the "YouTube label" thread back in November. Do you want to make audio CDs or do you want to put MP3s on to CDs? And which library - RealPlayer or Windows Media Player?

Actually I think you don't necessarily have to use either RP or WMP to get music from YouTube to CD. "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" has already moved on a few versions since November. Today it isn't possible to download the converter alone, you will find it is necessary to download the entire suite of DVD VideoSoft programmes and in there you will find tools to do just about everything imaginable with audio files including a lot of things you will never use.

I'll return to this tomorrow - unless Don has solved everything by then of course tongue.gif

Limden

Thanks, Limden

Just bear with me.
I want to download music clips ( not interested in the video aspect) of the Peruna Jazzmen on You Tube, save the clips to the library and then burn them to an audio CD. I paid for Real Player SP Plus (?) but the download bar does not always appear, so I need to find another way of recording and burning those clips. I thought Windows Media Player would do the job but I don't know how to link it to You Tube.

I just want to burn those lovely recordings to audio CD !

Thanks again.

Derek

+Quote Post
Terry
post Dec 16 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

If Real Player is playing up, then you need one of 'zillions' of freeware YouTube downloaders that also extract the audio in mp3 format. Then you can use Nero or any other burner program to make either an audio CD or an mp3 CD.

Googling something like "youtube mp3 downloader converter freeware" will yield many programs, eg:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/FreeStar-Free...gram_45904.html

http://www.easyfreeware.com/doremisoft_flv...7-freeware.html

http://www.easyfreeware.com/free_flash_flv...6-freeware.html

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/f...3-converter.htm

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Terry @ Dec 15 2009, 10:57 PM) *
If Real Player is playing up, then you need one of 'zillions' of freeware YouTube downloaders that also extract the audio in mp3 format. Then you can use Nero or any other burner program to make either an audio CD or an mp3 CD.

Googling something like "youtube mp3 downloader converter freeware" will yield many programs, eg:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/FreeStar-Free...gram_45904.html

http://www.easyfreeware.com/doremisoft_flv...7-freeware.html

http://www.easyfreeware.com/free_flash_flv...6-freeware.html

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/f...3-converter.htm

Thanks, Terry

Trouble is I'm used to using Real Player and Media Player and when the former is working well I get on just fine. But I may have to follow your suggestion - trouble is that it's difficult to teach an old dog new tricks !

Cheers.

Derek

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 09:27 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

To put it in a nutshell, what I really want to know is..... Can you download videos from You Tube with Windows Media Player ?

If so, how ? in simple terms, please.

Cheers.

Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 16 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (derekpara @ Dec 16 2009, 04:27 AM) *
To put it in a nutshell, what I really want to know is..... Can you download videos from You Tube with Windows Media Player ?

If so, how ? in simple terms, please.

Cheers.

Derek

The answer is NO - at least I don't think so!

Did you ever get "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" working after my somewhat laborious explanation back in November?

Still not totally clear - do you want to make an "old-fashioned" audio CD, the sort that plays on any CD player and has typically about 24 tracks per CD or do you want to put many MP3s on to a CD which will then work only if your player is MP3 capable?

By the way, I'm horrified that you actually paid for a version of RealPlayer. I've never found it necessary to pay for anything!

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 12:00 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 16 2009, 05:48 AM) *
The answer is NO - at least I don't think so!

Did you ever get "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" working after my somewhat laborious explanation back in November?

Still not totally clear - do you want to make an "old-fashioned" audio CD, the sort that plays on any CD player and has typically about 24 tracks per CD or do you want to put many MP3s on to a CD which will then work only if your player is MP3 capable?

By the way, I'm horrified that you actually paid for a version of RealPlayer. I've never found it necessary to pay for anything!

Limden

Yes, I was rather foolhardy ! Christmas spirit bubbling over, I suppose. Anyway, I regret it now as their support is hopeless.

And 'yes' again. I do want to make 'an old-fashioned' 24 track audio CD to play in my car, and home CD player.

I've still got the converter you recommended and will probably use that instead. The reason I wanted to stick with Real Player if I could, was because I was used to it and had successfully made audio CDs in the past with the free version .

I do appreciate your guidance, Limden so thanks again

Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 16 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I think you will find that when you go to use the "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" I recommended you will be invited to update it by installing the latest version. Yesterday there was a problem - the new version refused to work.

The way around turned out to be to uninstall everything relating to DVDVideosoft and then to install the entire DVDVideoSoft suite of 23 programmes in one go. Apparently it's OK then to uninstall the parts you'll never need - but I haven't tried this. Here's some instructions near the end of this forum thread - where I am "dud" by the way.

Of course, as Terry says, there are umpteen other ways of arriving at your objective.

Do let us know how you get on in due course.

Limden

This post has been edited by limden: Dec 16 2009, 01:30 PM

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 03:22 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 16 2009, 08:25 AM) *
I think you will find that when you go to use the "Free YouTube to MP3 converter" I recommended you will be invited to update it by installing the latest version. Yesterday there was a problem - the new version refused to work.

The way around turned out to be to uninstall everything relating to DVDVideosoft and then to install the entire DVDVideoSoft suite of 23 programmes in one go. Apparently it's OK then to uninstall the parts you'll never need - but I haven't tried this. Here's some instructions near the end of this forum thread - where I am "dud" by the way.

Of course, as Terry says, there are umpteen other ways of arriving at your objective.

Do let us know how you get on in due course.

Limden

I have just installed the DVDVideoSoft suite but now YouTube wont let me copy the URL's I want ! Never had a problem with this before. It must be me ! Anyway, I won't give up.

I'm right clicking on the URLs but they won't always highlight. Even when one does highlight it won't let me copy before I paste into the converter.

Never mind, I shall keep on keeping on !

Thanks again.

D

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 16 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Hmm.... I don't rightclick to highlight the YouTube URLs, I just click! They turn blue and I copy with Ctrl+C. Just did one to re-assure myself. Pasted it into the converter (Ctrl+V) and it downloaded OK.

You are getting there, don't despair! Maddening when things don't ackle (relapsing into Old Kentish dialect).

This post has been edited by limden: Dec 16 2009, 04:41 PM

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 16 2009, 11:35 AM) *
Hmm.... I don't rightclick to highlight the YouTube URLs, I just click! They turn blue and I copy with Ctrl+C. Just did one to re-assure myself. Pasted it into the converter (Ctrl+V) and it downloaded OK.

You are getting there, don't despair! Maddening when things don't ackle (relapsing into Old Kentish dialect).

Thanks, again Limden.

Hmm,Haven't heard of 'ackle' before. Perhaps I live too near the smoke. ( That's London for the benefit of our overseas friends).

'Keep on keeping on ' is an old British Airborne Forces expression.

I'm off to do some downloading now, so wish me luck !

D

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Limden, old friend !

At the risk of trying your patience, and extending this thread into infinity, I still have a problem with downloading the URLs from YouTube.

I've done what you suggested, ie, highlight the URL then Contrl + C and nothing happens ! The link isn't copied- so I can't paste it into the YT Converter. Have I gone wrong - again ?

D

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 16 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Aah, you baint a true Man of Kent like me then (but exiled across the Kent Ditch) you be one of them furriners. Never mind, I'm glad things are looking promising. - see A Dictionary of the Kentish Dialect (380 pages!)

Seriously though are you quite sure the link hasn't been copied? If you go to the pane of Free YouTube to MP3 converter, (left)click in it and then hit Ctrl+V doesn't the title of the YT video appear after a second or two?

Never mind prolonging the thread, as you say we must keep on keeping on!

A sudden thought, clutching at straws here - and I hope you won't think this too patronising - but copying with Ctrl+C means pressing Ctrl and C, it doesn't mean Ctrl and + and C.

This post has been edited by limden: Dec 16 2009, 09:17 PM

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Dec 16 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

Hello Derek my friend,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with RealPlayer. I know from your previous post, relative to RP and RHJ, that you were sort of partial to staying with RP and getting it to work. But to no avail it seems. I wish I had been a little more persuasive and got you to do a System Restore.

Best I remember RP was working find for you and then for some unknown reason it broke. If no major known changes have occurred to a system and a program starts to malfuntion, a system restore can be a life saver for it. I've used it multiple times to repair and fix problems. But that's water over the dam now. We must go forward.

RP is not my primary source for media playing or recording, but I will say that the free version that I have has been subperb in doing what it is designed to do. Far better than previous versions.

Most of these free versions are nothing other than the deluxe-for-purchase version with a lot of the bells and whistles disengaged. Needless to say your purchased version should work as advertised and if not, it could be only a simple fix.

In my previous life I was a computer support analyst for a major textile company here in the states. So I'm some what use to tyring to diagnose and fix user problems via long distance. Not always easy though.

I know Limden is working with you to get DVDDownload working, so I won't interject into that until you guys are ready. But if you wish we can follow-up on the Real Player issue and see if we can get that back working. I believe we can.

Two old dogs togeather CAN learn new tricks. laugh.gif

And Limden I have a new youtube to mp3 ripper, free of course, that is the cat's meow. How's that for some southern speak?

I'll have to share it with you sometime, you'll love it.

Don...

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 02:21 PM