Reply to this topicStart new topic
> who is performing this song?
Happyrock
post Oct 17 2012, 06:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22864

Hello Everyone
I have been trying to find the band and singer of this version of Nobody's Sweetheart, I know this is a standard,and has been recorded by many bands etc.. But it is this particular band and singer I am looking for! The vocalist has quite a high pitched voice,and has the 1930s type phrasing ! The file I have is a bit fragmented, with 2 instrumental sections, and a bit of vocal in the middle. But the voice is distinctive,and may help with the search. From the sound of the recording I almost wonder if this could have been a radio broadcast? as the versions that I have heard on record so far are not this one.And I wonder if Tommy & Jimmy Dorsey are playing in this? I hope you can help me, and thank you for your effort, it is appreciated.
Sincerely Wayne biggrin.gif

Nobody's Sweetheart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregoryagogo
post Oct 17 2012, 01:08 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

Rudy Vallee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-BQN88LV4

Guess your recording came from the film... Can't seem to find a recording of him doing Nobody's Sweetheart...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Happyrock
post Oct 22 2012, 04:18 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (gregoryagogo @ Oct 17 2012, 01:08 PM) *
Rudy Vallee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-BQN88LV4

Guess your recording came from the film... Can't seem to find a recording of him doing Nobody's Sweetheart...

Hi Gregory
Thank you so much for your response! Yes it certainly does sound like the same band! However on checking out the IMDB
the song "Nobody's Sweetheart" is indeed featured in the film, but only the version where his orchestra does the singing!
The vocal on this recording does sound like Rudy Valley, but still where it comes from I do not know? also I am wondering if these
sound samples are all of the same song? As the one instrumental section sounds more like violins playing? and not at all like Rudy's band.
A real challenge this is going to be!

+Quote Post
Happyrock
post Oct 22 2012, 04:52 AM
Post #4

Mystery Solved!
I have found the song! It is indeed from a radio broadcast! My clip is playing a bit faster,but it is indeed the same song!
" Fred Rich with Joe Venuti on violin from a 1931 radio broadcast. "

nobody's sweetheart (radio 1931)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th December 2021 - 02:13 PM