IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Burning RealPlayer files onto CD - help!, I know there has to be a way to do this!
hhp1928
post Dec 13 2005, 01:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 296

Dear All,

I've heard talk of being able to burn realplayer files onto CD - is this actually possible? I have a huge number of 20's and 30's realplayer files saved, but I have no way to listen to them away from the computer. This is really a shame as there are numerous bands which I love, but whose work hasn't been covered extensively on CD.

My computer runs Mac OS X - is there a program that allows one to burn realplayer files to a CD? Or convert them to mP3's?

Thanks!
Henry
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
binkie
post Dec 13 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 358

Hi

I have also a huge collection of realplayer files.

I use an excellent prog ...'Magix Audio Cleaning lab'.
This is running under win 98 second edition. (don't know anything about Mac!)
Connect PC audio out with a lead to PC audio in.

Play your realplayer file and switch 'Cleanin lab' to record. It will record as a wav file or a mp3!! Save and name your mp3 file.

You can put a succession of mp3's on an album and burn to CD via Magix or (better still) use a separate prog to burn mp3's as data to CD

I use 'B's recorder Gold'....with this prog if you collect all the mps3's on to a folder you can burn them as data to CD. It's very simple to do with B's Gold.

I have done this several times putting 225 tracks on each CD...you can go up to 700mb per CD.

Can you tell me from where you downloaded all the 20's real play files...maybe from the same place that I did!!

Cheers Binkie

+Quote Post
allanday
post Jan 21 2006, 07:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 269

Me also, via Audio Cleaning Lab.
Allanday

+Quote Post
80rpm
post May 29 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 453

If you can hear it on your computer, you can record it as an mp3. I use a free open source program called Audacity. Check it out at http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

+Quote Post
Andy Senior
post May 29 2006, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 452

I use Wavepad, freeware edition, with its sound file converter, Switch. These are excellent programs and have been invaluable to me.

I use Audacity for recording 78s and LPs directly to my computer, and Wavepad for editing and assembling the my Live365 RADIOLA! shows from studio CD transcriptions.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2020 - 10:37 PM