Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An online "home" for 78s?
limden
post Sep 29 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

In the Valaida thread in the Technical Issues section Mark Atnip asks something which may be of more general interest:-

Is there an online "home" for all of the 78's that have been digitally transferred? I know of a few with a lot of material, however I was wondering where the "first place to look" was. If there is such a thing I would like to contribute some of my transfers. I tend to enjoy transferring oddball, acoustic and vaudevillian type recordings, but I am sure there are some people out there that enjoy such things.

Someone is sure to correct me if I'm wrong but so far as I know there is no single "home" for all digitalized 78s. I would suggest that Jazz on Line is the best place for jazz 78s though some might prefer the Red Hot Jazz Archive.

When it comes to "oddball, acoustic and vaudevillian type recordings" then my thoughts turn to the Internet Archive which seems uncritically to collect digitalized material of all kinds and qualities. I know nothing of its acquisition policy and I can't help wondering if anyone will find stuff once it's buried in there?

Perhaps it might be a good idea if Mark were to establish his own channel on YouTube and put his recordings on there, a few at a time?

Any thoughts anyone?

Limden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2020 - 05:29 AM