Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Member logs on
Electrical Age
post Jul 18 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 313

Hello everyone! I'm EJ Chase from Toledo, Ohio, born 40 years later than I should have been, big fan of your music, Radio Dismuke, Rich Conaty's "Big Broadcast", old radio shows, old movies, old theatres and their pipe organs and look forward to sharing my 57 years experience.....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ed Vasicek
post Jul 30 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 233

Dear EJ,

Glad to have you aboard. There is a good side to being born "too late." We don't have to wait for the songs to come out...we can access all of them! People in the 1920's didn't have Dismuke, CD's, or internet access to find whatever cool music they wanted.

Do you like just the original recordings, or do you also get into current groups that do 1920's and 30's music? I like both. The West End Jazz Band just put out a CD with their band and a theater organ. Check it out at /www.westendjazzband.com/ I own it and love it.

I also get into Old Time Radio, especially Jack Benny.

Keep in touch, and welcome!
Ed Vasicek
Kokomo, IN biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
tferbe
post Jul 30 2005, 01:04 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 308

Hi EJ,
Welcome to the fray. I am also new to the message board but have quickly found out that there are some very interesting and helpful folks sharing their knowledge and openess here. I belong to an old time radio group called The Gotham Radio Players. We do live re-enactments of old broadcast here on a local station (WBAI) two or three times a year. I'll let you know when the next one comes up and you can listen on the web.

By the way if anyone out there is in the New York area on August 20th and would like to see us do two live performances at the "free" open air theater at Lincoln Center starting at 3:30 PM bring a chair and sit in. We will be doing an episode of Jack Armstrong - The All American Boy and an episode from Columbia workshop called Inside a Kids Head. So much for my shameless plug.

Once again welcome from another newbee.
Ted

+Quote Post
Ed Vasicek
post Jul 30 2005, 09:49 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 233

Makes me wish I lived in New York! sad.gif Bummer.

+Quote Post
Renderking Fisk
post Aug 5 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 307

I got here a while ago, myself. I like the site and the music so much, I host a link to it every day on my site.

--------------------
The Fedora Chronicles Commentary and News related to The Golden Era Update every day: World War II - Music - Art Deco and Style - Classic Movies, Science Fiction and Film Noir Space Exploration- Vintage Cars Social and Political

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2021 - 03:52 AM