Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Live365 problems, Dismuke preset won't work
quinsam
post Dec 7 2005, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 357

After spending an hour or so searching for Radio Dismuke on the Live365 website, I gave up and came to the Dismuke website from which I linked to the Live365 Dismuke page. But I can't seem to add it to my Live365 presets. Any help would be appreciated. Or, is there a way to link directly (without Live365) to Dismuke?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dismuke
post Dec 7 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE(quinsam @ Dec 6 2005, 06:55 PM)
After spending an hour or so searching for Radio Dismuke on the Live365 website, I gave up.....

Live 365 recently added some new genres to their directory. Stations are allowed to select a primary genre as well as a secondary and tertiary genre. Previously, based on the genre options that were available, I had the station's primary genre as "swing" with "jazz" being the secondary genre and "oldies" being the tertiary. With the new genres, I now have "big band" as the primary genre with "1930s" the secondary and "swing" the tertiary. As a result, Radio Dismuke is no longer listed in Live 365's directory under the "jazz" or "oldies" listings. It is still listed in the "swing" directory - but since that now is the station's tertiary genre, it has moved down to the sixth slot in the directory instead of the number two spot it has been at for quite a while now.

and came to the Dismuke website from which I linked to the Live365 Dismuke page. But I can't seem to add it to my Live365 presets.

Are you logged into the Live 365 website? Listeners who are not logged in to the Live 365 are allowed to connect and listen to Live 365 stations for, I believe, 15 times without being prompted to log in. After the 15th time, such listeners are prompted to log in, or, if they are not already registered, to go through the free registration process. If you are not logged into the Live 365 website, you will not be able to access or ad to your presets.

Or, is there a way to link directly (without Live365) to Dismuke?

There actually is a way - but I would get in pretty big trouble with Live 365 if they found out that I was telling people. Plus, that link would change from time to time as it changes when the station has to be restarted or is switched from basic to live broadcasting mode - so eventually any such link I gave would no longer work. I personally encourage people to access the station by going to either http://dismuke.org/radio or http://www.radiodismuke.com By going to my website, one will be able to see any announcements I might have to make about future special programming, planned outages and such. Plus, if I ever decide to move the station away from Live 365 to another provider, that would be the place where one would be able to find out how to listen.

+Quote Post
quinsam
post Dec 7 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #3

Thanks so much for your reply. I've discovered, after poking about, that the Live365 site will only work properly with Internet Explorer, and I use Mozilla Firefox...what a shame it's not 'Firefox-friendly'. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
bob
post Dec 7 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(quinsam @ Dec 7 2005, 11:45 AM)
Thanks so much for your reply.  I've discovered, after poking about, that the Live365 site will only work properly with Internet Explorer, and I use Mozilla Firefox...what a shame it's not 'Firefox-friendly'.  Thanks again.

Hi quinsam
I don't have any problem listening to Dismuke Radio using Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer on the Live 365 site. I use my Realplayer media player which I prefer over the Live 365 player. Maybe that's your problem. The Live 365 player may not be compatible with Firefox.

wink.gif Bob

--------------------
The Night Owl
Night Owl

+Quote Post
quinsam
post Dec 8 2005, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Thanks Bob, I'll try your suggestion.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st December 2021 - 11:45 AM