Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 78RPM radio stream
Jan
post Feb 20 2011, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1145

Dear friends,

Please allow me to bring my 78RPM radio web stream under your attention.
www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radionostalgia

I developed this radio stream the last two months. It contains lots of jazz, country, British dance bands but also French chansons, big bands and crooners, German film stars and Dutch evergreens. The coming 6 months the station needs to have sufficient listeners to make it worthwhile to keep it in the air. So I would appreciate it if you would have a try listening to it, and sending me your remarks to improve the station.

(note: in some newer browsers like Google Chrome you have to wait for about 15 seconds or reload the player to get it started)

Some of you may know me as the keeper of my virtual 78RPM Record Warehouse (www.radionostalgia.nl) for almost 12 years on the web.

Well, please let me know what you think of my radio station. I am certainly looking forward to receiving your remarks and suggestions.

Have a nice Sunday!

Best regards from Amsterdam,

Jan Hovers

--------------------
www.radionostalgia.nl
radio stream: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radionostalgia
[color="#4169E1"][/color]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Terry
post Feb 22 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

I have been listening for over an hour now. It is very impressive, a great music selection. It has my vote smile.gif

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Feb 22 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

QUOTE (Jan @ Feb 20 2011, 10:16 AM) *
Well, please let me know what you think of my radio station. I am certainly looking forward to receiving your remarks and suggestions.
Jan Hovers

Excellent work Jan. Inclusion of other music genres and some venturing into the 40's and 50's makes for enjoyable listening times. We need a breath of fresh air mixed in the musical wind. Thanks for your effort.

QUOTE (Terry @ Feb 21 2011, 07:57 PM) *
I have been listening for over an hour now. It is very impressive, a great music selection. It has my vote smile.gif

So Terry, here's hoping everything is ok with you. News reports here sound rather grim with the earthquake in NZ.

Let us know your situation.

Don...

+Quote Post
Jan
post Feb 23 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1145

Dear Don and Terry,
Thank you for your kind words which are very suppporting for all the work. I have been uploading lots of additional 78's tonight for your listening pleasure.
But indeed, this is all unimportant compared to the disaster our friends in New Zealand have to deal with. I wish them strength and send them my thoughts.
Best wishes from Amsterdam, Holland,
Jan

--------------------
www.radionostalgia.nl
radio stream: www.radionomy.com/en/radio/radionostalgia
[color="#4169E1"][/color]

+Quote Post
Terry
post Feb 23 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Don and Jan, thanks for the concern.

Where I live we didn't feel anything, though we get our fair share of small ones which make things rattle..

It is bad in Christchurch. It was a very shallow quake, so the "g" forces were much larger than the one they had in September, it also happened at lunchtime with lots of people in the city.
Hillsides and rocks have fallen and demolished houses in the Lyttleton and Sumner areas.

It is ironic that the Christchurch area has until now, not been regarded as very prone to earthquake hazard. I believe geology shows the last time the fault in the September quake moved was over 2000 years ago. So many houses and other buildings have not been built to eathquake codes, many are old "heritage" buildings. I am surprised an office building that looks newish collasped like a pack of cards, there is something wrong there.

There are a lot of stone and brick built houses which do not fare well in such events.

I live in the Wellington region, and there is always talk of when the "big one" will happen. The last really big one in Wellington area was 1855, the effects can still be seen in the adjacent ranges and sea shores.

There are a number of buildings and bridges in Wellington that have been built or retrofitted with base isolation.

This quake will be a real wakeup call in building codes, perhaps architects and developers will come to their senses. Hopefully, high rise buildings with vast areas of glass will be a thing of the past.

I would not want to be in Wellington city when the "big one" happens, it would be horrendous with narrower streets than Christchurch and lined with high rise buildings. The thought of sheets of glass falling onto crowded pavements (sidewalks) is not nice.

This post has been edited by Terry: Feb 23 2011, 09:57 PM

+Quote Post
limden
post Feb 25 2011, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

Jan, to get back to RadioNostalgia, congratulations on starting something new in a sector where popular music from the first half of the 20th century is under-represented. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

So I shall be frequently dropping in and listening for long periods then? Er.....well, no actually. I can't stand 1950s music on the whole and I don't much care for the big band sound from the 1940s. And then I don't really appreciate some of those Dutch and German singing groups either. That all adds up to a fair proportion of your output that I don't like. Sorry!

Now to try to be more positive. Back in the 1950s in the South-East of England my parents and I would often listen to Radios Hilversum I and II (298 and 402 metres Medium Wave) which came in loud and clear across the North Sea. They played music which was often more to our taste than what was available on the BBC. I especially recall the Metropole Orchestra directed by Dolf van der Linden. I think there was the Ramblers Dans Orkest, the Dutch Swing College Band and Malando too. Can you mix a stiff dose of these into your play list? Then I will promise to be much more enthusiastic!

Limden

+Quote Post
limden
post Mar 29 2011, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

I thought I really should try RadioNostalgia again but it doesn't seem to be working?

Limden

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2021 - 05:50 PM