> Roseman Ramblings
Roseman
post Jun 3 2013, 12:22 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 473

Ramon Newton
If you enjoy the singing of British vocalist Ramon Newton, you might find this Ramon Newton Cocktail
appealing too or just sort of interesting, if you're a tee-totaler like me. Wonder if there are other period
musical cocktails from the Savoy Cocktail Book era?

Hi-Fi Weddings
You never know where our kind of music will show up. Who would have thought of finding it at a wedding?
But that's exactly what you will find at this wedding site. A site that is devoted to those wanting their
wedding to be musically important and a means to express their love of music and anything related to it.

As one strolls through these unique wedding and engaement events, you'll find all of them attempting to convey
some expression of music such as records lining the bridal aisle to events in record stores and shops to an Art Deco
museum with Hot Jazz included.

To began your tour start with this wedding with all the music listed from the cocktail hour to the reception. And
as a bonus, if you are Spotify user you can play the music that was used for the wedding. The cocktail hour has the
good stuff. Then click the Hi-Fi Weddings tab to view others.

VJM Vintage Jazz Mart
I'm sure record collectors find this site to be most interesting. But as a non-collector, I'm just a fan of the music, I find
V J M a interesting reading and fact gleaning site. There's a great archive section in the articles tab.

Good News for Spotify Users
(and ex-users due to the 5-play limit)
Click to see Recent news from their site.

What's Happen To My Message Board?
I find it sad that blogs and message boards are 'seemily' becoming web relics and that use of
facebookand twitter are the hip things to use. Much info is to be shared via these antiquated digit
presentations And guess what? They work. And I for one still search them out for relative
and interesting information. Particular as it relates to music/history/life about the 1950's and back.

One such site I ran across recently is this one, 'I'm Learing To Share!'. I'm still running down all the
links and finding lots of good reading and music.

Here are a couple that may be of some interest to ones on this almost defunct message board.
These links opens the front door, you can explore more to your interest after entering.

1923 ads
78's fRom Hell

Don...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Terry
post Jun 3 2013, 10:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

I have to say I neither twit nor face smile.gif

+Quote Post
limden
post Jun 4 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

QUOTE (Terry @ Jun 3 2013, 04:26 PM) *
I have to say I neither twit nor face smile.gif

Me neither! I grew tired of an ever-extending list of strangers I was supposed to want to be friends with and managed to delete myself from Facebook with the aid of How to Commit Internet Suicide and Disappear from the Web Forever smile.gif

Just noticed Dismuke's 78RPM Blog has revived after a long interval!

This post has been edited by limden: Jun 4 2013, 10:20 AM

+Quote Post
Roseman
post Jun 5 2013, 01:24 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

I think there is a generational aspect involved also that may attribute to the heavy use of
facebook and twitter. Facebook was initially just for college kids and then it moved to high
school age and then to the adult population.

I read recently that the younger people are now moving away from faceebook to twitter
because of wanting more privacy and less scrutinization of parents tracking their messages.

Older adults are staying on facebook and the void by the younger folk leaving being filled by
adults who are primarily attracted there by the ability to link up with friends and relatives
in distant locations.

So I guess for a few of us, the old message board can still be our cyber-social entry point. It
worked in the past and still seems to work now.

And we were discussing twitter in the distant past via this thread dated June 2007.

Can it really be that long ago?

Don...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th August 2019 - 07:31 AM