Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windows Media Player & You Tube
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 09:18 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 441

Success ! I think. Managed to put one URL of Peruna into the Free You Tube to MP3 Converter pane. Now before I get a disc full of them - say 24, how would I then get to burn them to an audio CD ? I know you've probably told me before, but it's my age, you see !

Cheers.

Derek
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 16 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

Well done! You have hit "Download" and found the MP3(s) turning up in your chosen folder? But it's cocoa time again here so I'll tell you how I would make audio CD tomorrow - once I've checked that I still can. Again, there will be many different ways.

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 16 2009, 05:11 PM) *
Well done! You have hit "Download" and found the MP3(s) turning up in your chosen folder? But it's cocoa time again here so I'll tell you how I would make audio CD tomorrow - once I've checked that I still can. Again, there will be many different ways.

Thanks again my Kentish Ally

I look forward to an other tutorial tomorrow. It's cocoa time here as well - but only Morrison's I'm afraid !

Cheers.

Derek.

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Roseman @ Dec 16 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Hello Derek my friend,

Sorry to hear that you're having problems with RealPlayer. I know from your previous post, relative to RP and RHJ, that you were sort of partial to staying with RP and getting it to work. But to no avail it seems. I wish I had been a little more persuasive and got you to do a System Restore.

Best I remember RP was working find for you and then for some unknown reason it broke. If no major known changes have occurred to a system and a program starts to malfuntion, a system restore can be a life saver for it. I've used it multiple times to repair and fix problems. But that's water over the dam now. We must go forward.

RP is not my primary source for media playing or recording, but I will say that the free version that I have has been subperb in doing what it is designed to do. Far better than previous versions.

Most of these free versions are nothing other than the deluxe-for-purchase version with a lot of the bells and whistles disengaged. Needless to say your purchased version should work as advertised and if not, it could be only a simple fix.

In my previous life I was a computer support analyst for a major textile company here in the states. So I'm some what use to tyring to diagnose and fix user problems via long distance. Not always easy though.

I know Limden is working with you to get DVDDownload working, so I won't interject into that until you guys are ready. But if you wish we can follow-up on the Real Player issue and see if we can get that back working. I believe we can.

Two old dogs togeather CAN learn new tricks. laugh.gif

And Limden I have a new youtube to mp3 ripper, free of course, that is the cat's meow. How's that for some southern speak?

I'll have to share it with you sometime, you'll love it.

Hello, Don, my Southern Comfort ! ( Blimey we're getting cosy here !)

Re: Real Player. I've got the latest version of SP Plus, for which I paid a one-off subscription.

The problem Is when I try to download video clips from YouTube to extract the music element from the library and burn to audio CD. When I hit the ' Download this Video' tag, one of two things happen; either nothing happens ot the download box opens, which indicates that a download SHOULD be in progress, but the download bar does not appear, with the result that nothing has gone to the library.

When I click the X to close, I get a label asking me if I want to abort the download, but having waited for five minutes already I figure nothing's going to happen, so I give up and try again, and again.

I have tried several clean re-installs, with all the plug-ins etc, but with no joy.

Any help to you ?

Thanks again.

Derek.

By the way, it's snowing in Kent so it looks as if we're in for a rare White Christmas !

Don...

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 16 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Don't know what happened there ! I'm going to bed !!

Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 17 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

I'm just wondering Derek if perhaps you have a very slow internet connection, maybe dial-up? A combination of sluggish/over-loaded YouTube servers and a slow connection might mean that you really are downloading with RealPlayer but it's taking ages.

Meanwhile, back to the YouTube to MP3 converter route which doesn't need RealPlayer at all. You really have succeeded in making MP3s and you can find them in a folder? Now all that remains is to burn an Audio CD.

I'm not the best person to advise on burning CDs as I very seldom do it but here's my way for what it's worth. Other people will do it differently, probably better.

Select up to 72 minutes-worth of your MP3s, turning them blue. Right-click and “Add to Windows Media Player list”. (I'm sure you'll get a warning if you try to burn too much per disc).

Proceed to WMP, click on “Burn” at top of screen. Click on drop-down arrowhead.

Select Audio CD.

Have “Apply Volume Leveling Across Tracks on Audio CDs” and “Eject Disc After Burning” both checked.

Insert new CD-R into disc drive.

Click “Burn Now Playing List to Drive F”.

Sit back and wait for disc to eject. Finished!

One minor problem is that the track labels are lost. They become just “Track 1”,”Track 2” etc. Someone might possibly come along with a way to retain track identification.

Hope this helps.

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 17 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 17 2009, 06:19 AM) *
I'm just wondering Derek if perhaps you have a very slow internet connection, maybe dial-up? A combination of sluggish/over-loaded YouTube servers and a slow connection might mean that you really are downloading with RealPlayer but it's taking ages.

Meanwhile, back to the YouTube to MP3 converter route which doesn't need RealPlayer at all. You really have succeeded in making MP3s and you can find them in a folder? Now all that remains is to burn an Audio CD.

I'm not the best person to advise on burning CDs as I very seldom do it but here's my way for what it's worth. Other people will do it differently, probably better.

Select up to 72 minutes-worth of your MP3s, turning them blue. Right-click and “Add to Windows Media Player list”. (I'm sure you'll get a warning if you try to burn too much per disc).

Proceed to WMP, click on “Burn” at top of screen. Click on drop-down arrowhead.

Select Audio CD.

Have “Apply Volume Leveling Across Tracks on Audio CDs” and “Eject Disc After Burning” both checked.

Insert new CD-R into disc drive.

Click “Burn Now Playing List to Drive F”.

Sit back and wait for disc to eject. Finished!

One minor problem is that the track labels are lost. They become just “Track 1”,”Track 2” etc. Someone might possibly come along with a way to retain track identification.

Hope this helps.

Limden

Thanks, Limden

I've got five tracks saved to a temporary folder so do I still just follow your clear instructions above ?

Regarding Internet connection , I'm on cable broadband XL which I think is supposed to reasonably quick. I have waited for up to ten minutes for a track loading bar to appear in the RP 'downloading' pane. On the odd occasion that it DOES work the loading bar appears at once and only takes a couple of minutes to finish.

Thanks again for your help.

Have a good one

Cheers. Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 17 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (derekpara @ Dec 17 2009, 07:42 AM) *
Thanks, Limden

I've got five tracks saved to a temporary folder so do I still just follow your clear instructions above ?

Regarding Internet connection , I'm on cable broadband XL which I think is supposed to reasonably quick. I have waited for up to ten minutes for a track loading bar to appear in the RP 'downloading' pane. On the odd occasion that it DOES work the loading bar appears at once and only takes a couple of minutes to finish.

Thanks again for your help.

Have a good one

Cheers. Derek

Yes, try my instructions but unless they're very long tracks you'll surely want to put more than five on a disc? Each CD-R should hold 72 minutes playing time at least, 24 typical 1930s 78s. You can't add any more to a disc once it's been burnt.

I've never encountered anyone before with cable broadband. Should be delightfully fast I imagine - one of the compensations for living near the "smoke". Here in the countryside there isn't any cable. I'm exceptionally fortunate to get speeds of about 6Mbps - good by unimpressive UK standards - and that's only because I'm near to the exchange.

Can't understand why RealPlayer doesn't behave for you - I still can get the pop-up tab which enables downloading and this is the only way I've found to collect music from (YT rival) DailyMotion videos.

It's going to snow any moment now. A good time for staying indoors and playing with computer!

All the best

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 17 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 17 2009, 08:58 AM) *
Yes, try my instructions but unless they're very long tracks you'll surely want to put more than five on a disc? Each CD-R should hold 72 minutes playing time at least, 24 typical 1930s 78s. You can't add any more to a disc once it's been burnt.

I've never encountered anyone before with cable broadband. Should be delightfully fast I imagine - one of the compensations for living near the "smoke". Here in the countryside there isn't any cable. I'm exceptionally fortunate to get speeds of about 6Mbps - good by unimpressive UK standards - and that's only because I'm near to the exchange.

Can't understand why RealPlayer doesn't behave for you - I still can get the pop-up tab which enables downloading and this is the only way I've found to collect music from (YT rival) DailyMotion videos.

It's going to snow any moment now. A good time for staying indoors and playing with computer!

All the best

Limden

Just to clear things up, Limden. I get the pop=up tab OK but the video etc does not download to the library; well, very rarely.

Cheers.

Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 17 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Just carried out a little experiment for fun with making an MP3 from YouTube - Dr Jazz stomp. Peruna Jazzmen. 9:19 playing time.

Downloaded video from YT using RealPlayer SP and the pop-up tab. 11 minutes.

Moved download from RP library to Temporary folder. Less than 1 minute.

Converted download to MP3 by means of Free Video to MP3 Converter. 3 minutes.

Total elapsed time to MP3: approx. 14 minutes.

Downloaded just the music from YT by pasting URL into Free YouTube to MP3 Converter.

Total elapsed time to MP3: approx 9 minutes.

Conclusion: the first step in the RealPlayer method can take longer than might be imagined. The Free YouTube to MP3 Converter route is the clear winner for both speed and convenience. Other people's mileage may vary!

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 21 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Limden, old friend

Just when I thought I was doing OK, I seem to have hit a snag.

I've put about fifteen tracks onto the Free YouTube to MP3 converter but they won't download to my temporary file. My output folder is : C:Documents and Settings\Derek Lee\My Music|Temp

Sorry to disturb your Christmas hols and I'm in no great hurry.

Thanks again.

Derek

PS Thanks for that Directory. Fantastic !

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 21 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Oh dear, oh dear! Just when I thought you had it all sorted!

I'm really at a bit of a loss now. A few thoughts:-

You've put the URLs of 15 tracks into Free YouTube to MP3 Converter? I've never tried so many at once, I'm not aware of any limit but I've never done more than 5 or 6 at a time so maybe try doing less - I thought you had succeeded with a few?

You really are on-line when you try to download? (Sorry for patronising question)

Maybe your firewall is obstructing? Perhaps you could disable it while trying to download?

There's been yet another update to the Converter in the last couple of days. It's now possible to download it alone again, without all the mostly un-necessary other programmes in the suite - but I can't believe that's your problem.

It was Don who pointed me in the direction of this program(me) ages ago. Maybe he'll have an idea. Anyway he's since told me about a completely different converter which works well so, if you continue to have no luck, abandon Free YouTube to MP3 Converter and try this instead:-

Free YouTube MP3 Ripper.
http://www.youtubegetting.com/freeyoutubemp3ripper.html

None of this is any trouble. Good exercise for remaining brain cells rolleyes.gif

Limden

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 21 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 21 2009, 03:12 PM) *
Oh dear, oh dear! Just when I thought you had it all sorted!

I'm really at a bit of a loss now. A few thoughts:-

You've put the URLs of 15 tracks into Free YouTube to MP3 Converter? I've never tried so many at once, I'm not aware of any limit but I've never done more than 5 or 6 at a time so maybe try doing less - I thought you had succeeded with a few?

You really are on-line when you try to download? (Sorry for patronising question)

Maybe your firewall is obstructing? Perhaps you could disable it while trying to download?

There's been yet another update to the Converter in the last couple of days. It's now possible to download it alone again, without all the mostly un-necessary other programmes in the suite - but I can't believe that's your problem.

It was Don who pointed me in the direction of this program(me) ages ago. Maybe he'll have an idea. Anyway he's since told me about a completely different converter which works well so, if you continue to have no luck, abandon Free YouTube to MP3 Converter and try this instead:-

Free YouTube MP3 Ripper.
http://www.youtubegetting.com/freeyoutubemp3ripper.html

None of this is any trouble. Good exercise for remaining brain cells rolleyes.gif

Limden

Thanks, Limden

Yes, I am on line when downloading.

My firewall is ZoneAlarm and I think I can disable it for a while.

Think I'll give Don's link a try - he seems quite keen on it.

I promise not to bother you until next year !

All the best.

Derek.

+Quote Post
limden
post Dec 21 2009, 10:06 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Let's know how you get on - and before next year!

+Quote Post
derekpara
post Dec 23 2009, 02:18 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (limden @ Dec 21 2009, 05:06 PM) *
Let's know how you get on - and before next year!

Well, here I am again ! Sorry, two more problems:

I've downloaded YouTube MP3 Ripper and it's a doddle to download the URLs. I find the file in My Documents, highlight all the files / shortcuts (?) and hit the 'Send to Media Player Library' - but they don't go !

The second problem, if it is one, is that the Ripper shortcut on my desktop does not open when clicked. Is it supposed to ?

Just a reminder that I'm trying to burn audio CDs.

Thanks again.

Derek

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 07:00 PM