Forum Rules 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Early 1900's music
jackhylton
post Sep 18 2004, 05:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 171

I've just been listening to Dismuke's early 1900's music I found a number of songs that I really liked. I didn't realise there was so much in there Dismuke!
The BBC have been running a series this week on BBC Radio 4 about pre 1900 recordings. Some of them I could barely understand the words.
The ones listened to today were alot more clear!
Thanks Dismuke smile.gif

Brian (AKA jackhylton)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Murfunit
post Oct 2 2004, 11:21 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 196

As Dismuke points out, there is an interesting link to very old cylinder recordings that are restored very well: www.tinfoil.com. Therein, one will find samples of some ancient recordings (1890's). A very nice historical perspective that actually illustrates the state of music prior to the jazz age revolution that began as early as 1917. Provides a nice backdrop to the 1920's-30's music we enjoy.

+Quote Post
LadyNostalgiaBuf...
post Nov 25 2004, 02:36 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

QUOTE(Murfunit @ Oct 2 2004, 05:21 PM)
As Dismuke points out, there is an interesting link to very old cylinder recordings that are restored very well: www.tinfoil.com. Therein, one will find samples of some ancient recordings (1890's).  A very nice historical perspective that actually illustrates the state of music prior to the jazz age revolution that began as early as 1917.  Provides a nice backdrop to the 1920's-30's music we enjoy.

Tinfoil is a GREAT site! Oh, it's SO much fun to go there! This stuff is right out of the "horse-and-buggy" era! Not many people in their thirties like me have any interest in learning about these gems. Well, TOO BAD! They're missing out, aren't they?!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 08:45 PM