Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Kiss of Life 1
derekpara
post May 8 2014, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 441

Let me try and breathe a little life into this forum by recommending an extremely beautiful version of Oriental Man by the wonderful Peruna Jazzmen.

The musicianship of the two clarinettists is amazing and I defy you not to start foot tapping to the driving beat the band produces. Enjoy.

Derek

http://youtu.be/xwu-Qm0NG7g
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Terry
post May 10 2014, 04:59 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Thanks Derek, I enjoyed that piece. Those clarinetists certainly have talent.

+Quote Post
derekpara
post May 11 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Terry @ May 9 2014, 10:59 PM) *
Thanks Derek, I enjoyed that piece. Those clarinetists certainly have talent.

Thanks, Terry. Glad you enjoyed it, and I think it's a wonder that the old piano is still in one piece after the delectable and gifted Anne has pounded it.

Shall we try and revive this section together and hope others will chip in with their contribution ?

So we've had something from the northern hemisphere and soon, hopefully, something recommended by the eastern and western hemispheres.

Best wishes to all members and guests.

Derek

+Quote Post
Terry
post May 23 2014, 03:46 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Unfortunately I think the forum may have become terminal Derek, there seems little hope of resurrection.
I have to confess that I only visit briefly maybe every month or so these days.

+Quote Post
derekpara
post May 23 2014, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Terry @ May 22 2014, 09:46 PM) *
Unfortunately I think the forum may have become terminal Derek, there seems little hope of resurrection.
I have to confess that I only visit briefly maybe every month or so these days.

Sadly, I think your assessment is correct, Terry. A great shame because some of the recommendations of a couple of years ago were very enjoyable and sometimes cleverly put together. I'm particularly thinking of Aaron's contributions where he matched movie pictures and music so well.

Very best wishes.

Derek

+Quote Post
limden
post May 24 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

Well I still drop by every few days and I'm delighted to see a spark of life still glowing!

Aaron is of course still active on YouTube as Aaron1912.

What's happened to Dismuke? He hasn't posted, blogged or tweeted since September last year. I do hope he's OK.

What happened to Prozoot? He used to contribute very high quality uploads to YouTube but stopped without explanation three years ago. There's an American prozoot on eBay dealing in audio equipment, is it the same guy? If so I'm tempted to contact him with an appeal to resume.

What happened to the complete Al Bowlly collection? I thought I understood that Randy Skretvedt would update it from time to time as new discoveries or better transfers emerged but there doesn't seem to have been any action.

Any answers or comments welcome.

Regards to all

Limden

This post has been edited by limden: May 24 2014, 07:06 PM

+Quote Post
Roseman
post May 26 2014, 02:24 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 473

You fellows may remember Dismuke initiating his Facebook and Twitter projects
about three years ago and this seems to be where everything has gravitated to.

The forum was seemily becoming antiquated by this new 'social media' stuff and as a
consequence Dismuke took his music to were the new people were. And I guess Facebook
and Twitter has met his goal of exposing more to the music. But for those of us
that don't use Facebook and Twitter, we depended on this forum as a source to share our
thoughts and music. But it seems to have dried up; for reasons that may be varied and unknown.

This began the death spiral for the forum. It was always just a by-product of his radio show.
I've noticed that there's no link to it on his web site anymore. Therefore, we few are all
that's left. No new members coming on board. Even Dismuke hasn't visited since last July.

But who knows, the Phoenix may rise again.

As for Prozoot, I'm like you Limden, he's just vanished from YT. Maybe he became burned out.
These contributors put a lot of labor into their projects and I'm sure it's a labor of love for many.
I'm grateful to all of them for sharing the music.

As for Randy Skretvedt and the Al Bowlly project, I assume it is finalized. As a bit of info,
he has a radio show called 'Forward Into The Past' that airs on Sundays at 2 pm PCT and
repeated later at 3 am. He uses the name Randy Brian for the show. You may want to check
it out. here's the link.

KSPC Pgm Guide

Here are a few YT channels that subscribe to high quality posts. Some may be already familiar,
but just in case, I'll list a few that I've enjoyed.

Of course one of the pioneers in this endeavor..
Aaron1912

Another great contributor is
Pax41

... others are
MusicProf78

Panachord

Phonomono78s

Bsgs98

Edmundusrex

And if you want to see the latest with Dismuke, check his
Facebook page.

Don...

This post has been edited by Roseman: May 26 2014, 02:46 AM

+Quote Post
limden
post Jun 4 2014, 12:04 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

It's strange but I never thought to look at Dismuke's Facebook page. Too many channels of communication in my opinion!

A bit outside our usual territory but do take a look at this amazing Dutch girl , followed by more of the same . Advisable to have a box of tissues to hand!

Limden

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th September 2019 - 08:14 PM