I have some news which I am very excited about and I think listeners will be as well.

Kurt Nauck, owner of Nauck's Vintage Records, the premier auction house for vintage records of all genres, has agreed to appear on a special Radio Dismuke broadcast which will take place in late March or early April.

Kurt holds several vintage record auctions each year and he only features records which are considered collectible and in great condition. His impressive auction catalogs, with beautiful full color label illustrations, are destined to become collectors items in their own right. Every auction features some incredible rarities and includes everything from vintage cylinders, Edison Diamond discs, classical, operatic, jazz, dance bands, blues, country, early rock and roll, you name it.

What will be especially exciting about the broadcast is that the entire broadcast will be devoted to Kurt playing records from his next auction catalog that listeners have requested in advance.

An electronic version of Kurt's next auction catalog will be posted on his website in the next few weeks. At that time, he will also be posting instructions on how his customers and Radio Dismuke listeners will be able to submit requests for the records that they would like to hear played on the program. As soon as that information becomes available, I will post it here on the Message Board and on my website.

To my knowledge, this is the first time that a program like this has ever been done - so that aspect of it is also rather exciting, I think.

Because Kurt's auctions feature records from a variety of genres, the music that will be played on the program will be very diverse - and I think that will be one of the things that will make it a very special and interesting show. I have no doubt that we will be playing a great deal of music that never has been and may never be reissued on CD.

Kurt will also be playing vintage cylinder recordings - and, what is more, he will be playing them on a modern, electric player which has been specifically made to play all varieties of vintage cylinder records. The machine is called the Archeophone and retails for $16,250. Obviously, with a price tag like that, the machine is out of the reach of most private collectors and is mostly used by institutions such as libraries and sound archives. Kurt, however, has one and you will get to hear it on the program.

Ultimately, all of the records on the program will be dispersed to across the world to private collections, where, of course, they will continue to be enjoyed by their new owners. This broadcast, however, will provide vintage music fans an opportunity to listen to and enjoy them before that happens.

Because of the technical and logistical difficulties of broadcasting live over the Internet, the program will be prerecorded. Sometime in late March, I will go down to Kurt's impressive facility near Houston where we will record the program. The program will be broadcast at multiple times so that people in different time zones across the world will have an opportunity to catch it. Because we expect to have a large number of listeners for the broadcast, I will also be setting up a second Radio Dismuke stream outside of the Live 365 network specifically for the program.

Again, as soon as I have more information about broadcast times and how you can view the upcoming auction catalog and submit your requests, I will let everyone know.

I am working on trying to put together additional special programing for Radio Dismuke which, if I can bring it to fruition, I think you will enjoy. In addtion to that, Matt From College Station and I are working on putting together a special program which will be prerecorded in advance and air in weekly installments. I don't have any sort of date set for when that will take place - it largely depends on my schedule and Matt's.

Also, Matt will be visiting family in Fort Worth this weekend and will be dropping by here for a few hours. He has acquired some additional radio transcription discs from the same early 1930s Philco series as the transcription recordings he featured in his guest contributor Hit of the Week updates in January. He will be bringing the transcriptions by and I will digitalize them for future Hit of the Week updates.

So the lesson is......stay tuned and check back. It will definitely be worth your while! smile.gif